#10 Tips For Your Child’s Teeth
Here is a list of helpful hints for your child’s teeth:
- Have the family brush their teeth at the same time to show your child you brush too!
- Use a stepping stool so that your child can look in the mirror and be proud of his/her results.
- Let your kids brush their own teeth – your just their ‘helper’
- Continue to encourage brushing habits even if your child is resistant – create a routine that you stick to every day.
- Use disclosing tablets with your child so they can see if they have removed the plaque effectively kids will love using disclosing tablets it is a great tool. ( and can be bought from some chemists or dentists)
- Commence flossing as soon as the baby teeth are present. Use child friendly flossing aids such as flossete’s
- Let your child pick out a few toothbrushes and give them a choice of which toothbrush they would like to use each day. This will give your child a feeling of control over the procedure.
- Try inexpensive battery operated toothbrushes as kids can perceive these to be toys and can make brushing fun for them. It will make their visits to the dentist much easier too – as they’ll be used to having loud noises in their mouth.
- Get them to brush to their favourite song. This means that they will get to listen to music when they brush. This can make the experience fun and also means that they will brush for the whole 2 minutes!
- Download the Maclean’s toothbrush app. Its a game that all kids can enjoy and they get points each time they brush their teeth.
Call 33698300 or book an appointment online.