Our dental exams give us the opportunity to not only evaluate both the short term and long term condition of your teeth, but also help us help you maintain your oral and overall health.
Please allow 50-70minutes for your initial full thorough examination together with radiographs. If you have had radiographs taken recently, please contact reception before the appointment so we can organise the transfer of your radiographs from your previous dentist ahead of you examination appointment. You will need to fill out a form for this transfer to occur and these forms can be emailed to you ahead of the appointment time.
We utilise radiographs, lasers and an intra oral camera together with its photos to help us diagnose and record your dental and oral health.
If you wear a splint or any type of guard for grinding your teeth, or for orthodontic or whitening purposes – please bring these with you to your appointment. You will need to fill out a medical history form before the appointment so consider coming in 5-10 minutes early to allow you to fill out the form or alternatively fill it out online before the appointment by clicking here. Free Parking is available below the building ( access via railway terrace) and entry is via Park Road between the optometrist and restaurant. Train station is right across the road from the surgery. Our surgery is wheelchair accessible.
Full Thorough dental exams are vital for Oral Health and involve:
- Comprehensive Analysis Of The Jaw Joint including but not limited to: muscle palpation for muscular tension, regular headache evaluation, screening for jaw clicks and locks.
- Oral Cancer Screening.
- Gum Health Examination And Corresponding Oral Hygiene Instructions.
- Teeth Examination.
- Screening For Snoring, Sleep Apnoea and possible treatments for both of these conditions.
- Salivary Flow Evaluation (low salivary flow can lead to an increased risk of developing cavities and can also increase the incidence and severity of bad breath).
- Tooth Colour And Shape Evaluation: This is an opportunity for you to discuss any aesthetic concerns you may have.
- Tooth Strength and Stability Evaluation: we review hairline cracks, chips and old fillings for possible problems.
- Radiographs including both intra orals well as extra oral radiography.
- Orthodontic Bite Evaluation.